Tuesday 6 November 2012

Insulting their way into our hearts

So this post includes an interaction between another friend of mine, who does online dating in another city and some dude, that she gave me permission to post. The green is the dude.

Telling someone to be more unique is a great way to build rapport


Story Number two comes from moi, but has a similar tone. Right off the bat I noticed kind of a pretentious tone - kind of talking about things in a braggy way but I figured it could have just been the way I was reading his messages so I kept chatting with him. The back story is that I mention my massive amount of first cousins and the fact that I'm thinking of investing in a claw grabber with various attachments such as lobster pincer, in my profile.

Dayum, watch out ladies, mareen byoligist in da house





Then he goes on to tell me he has over 100 cousins and I say "first cousins?" and he says "no, 8 first cousins". So I say "fuck you and fuck your 8 cousins, I'm out." (but not actually...I just stopped answering and then he proceeded to view my profile about 10 times over the next few days. Probably while crying.)